I’m sure your goal setting plans are underway for 2018 but before you forget too much about what happened in 2017, I encourage you to take look back and use those past experiences to create a foundation for what is to come. If your goal setting needs improvement, take a look at these steps to help you Boost your Dustless Blasting Business.
1) Set New Goals - That seem obvious but this is personal, provides daily motivation and is something just for you. It allows you to consider how you measure your successes this year. A few things your list may contain: What are your expectations for the year ahead? Do you want more customers, the opportunity to add employees, do you want to learn a new skill that will enhance your business? This goal is an achievable, realistic opportunity that gives you drive and determination to succeed.
"Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible." -Tony Robbins
2) Know where you stand - Monetarily - Time to review the books! This is vital in understanding how to improve profits. If you have been in business for a while now, you have been able to keep record of what jobs cost (ie: consumables and time, etc.). It will allow you to better gauge where to price jobs. Each individuals business is different but your own records tell your story - keep up with them.
"I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions." -Stephen Covey
3) Review past jobs - Those notes and photos that you should be taking on each project you do are the building block of what is to come. Take a look and see where you spent too much time (or not enough) and see where you can make adjustments. Look to see what media was used. Was it right for that job? Marginal improvements can have a large impact.
”It is not necessary to do extraordinary things to get extraordinary results." -Warren Buffett
4) Think about what worked best - and what didn’t work at all - Did you spend all day driving around trying to drum up business because the small paying job wasn’t enough? Where you on the phone more than you were in the field? Did you hire too many people or do you need help because you can’t do it alone? Look back and analyze how you can use those best moments and worst moments and change what you need to in the year ahead.
"Accept failure as part of the process." -Unknown
5) Reach out to those that said NO - If there is someone in your community that you approached because you were certain that you had a solution to their needs, but they rejected you the first time, TRY AGAIN. Maybe their circumstances have changed and maybe you have more experiences under your belt to help them understand how you can help them save time and money. Its worth a shot!
"You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take." -Wayne Gretzky
6) Call back the ones that said YES - Even if they were a one time customer, call the ones where you know the project went particularly well and see if they may have a referral for you. Remember this is the oldest and most trusted way to gain new business.
“Fortune favors the bold.” -Virgil
7) Explore what’s trending - Watch videos and social media for blasting ideas and enhancements. Are you using the correct blast pressure for a job, which media gives you the perfect profile on a project, is someone using the Dustless Blaster to refurbish something you hadn’t thought of before. With so many industries and the Blasters versatility, you could be missing something.
"Change before you have to." -Jack Welch
8) Keep a Productive To-Do list - Be sure to stay on top of daily, weekly and monthly maintenance on necessary items. How many phone calls do you need to make a week? Do you need to order supplies? Do you need to update social media? Check e-mails? Some of these seem like chores but are still important.
"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." -Mark Twain
You have the potential to be profitable in 2018 and ensure your own success. Here's to a great year ahead!