When and How to Empty the Blast Tank
If you will not be using your Dustless Blaster for an extended period of time, it is a good idea to empty it of water and media.
There are two ways to do this. One way is to simply blast it out. You can remove the nozzle from the blast hose to speed this process up, but make sure to hold on tight! Without the nozzle there to restrict airflow, the recoil can be rather strong.
If there is still a lot of media and / or water in the machine and you don't want to waste diesel blasting it out, you may also remove theflange at the bottom of the blast pot's cone to let it all drain out.
• Fully depressurize machine
• Remove 2 bolts from bottom of machine
• Remove 2 “ears” from bottom of machine
• Remove air inlet jet (looks like a pilgrim hat)
• Remove gasket
• Push casting and air hose out of the way
• Flush out inside of equipment with water
Once media and water are out of machine, reverse procedure:
• Put gasket on air inlet jet
• Insert air inlet jet and gasket
• Hold casting up to bottom of machine
• Use ears and bolts to re-secure casting